Earn your associate of applied science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Students in this Major: Acquire basic knowledge of law enforcement and corrections. Gain an understanding of forensic investigations. Acquire basic knowledge of criminal investigations. Obtain a basic knowledge of the criminal court system. The program offers three distinct learning tracts which allows the student the opportunity to tailor their coursework for future career aspirations. Law Enforcement Corrections Generalist Students are provided a solid academic foundation that allows them to seamlessly transfer into the B. Tech in Criminal Investigation program at SUNY Canton. Students may also elect to continue their education in the B. Tech Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement Leadership program.
- What's an associate of applied science degree?
- An associate of applied science degree generally has more of a vocational focus and prepares students for work in a specific job or industry. It typically contains less general education classes than other degrees.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- Powered by Open SUNY+
- In addition to the features listed above, this Open SUNY+ degree includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now