Earn your bachelor of science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This is a Bachelor of Technology degree. According to the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, "The legal system affects nearly every aspect of our society, from buying a home to crossing the street." Such a profound impact suggests that there are a variety of opportunities for individuals with an education in Legal Studies. The Department of Labor states that employers prefer graduates of postsecondary education programs. A graduate of SUNY Canton's Legal Studies program may find employment in law firms, corporations, hospitals, and local, state or federal government offices. Since the program covers many legal specialties, students may choose electives that may help them to specialize in one or more areas.
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- Powered by Open SUNY+
- In addition to the features listed above, this Open SUNY+ degree includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now