Earn your bachelor of science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The online Criminal Justice BS program at SUNY Delhi integrates theory and practice and will prepare you for a career in criminal justice - whether you seek a career in policing or investigation, juvenile justice, probation, or corrections. Students interested in other areas of law enforcement can focus on those areas to prepare themselves for further study in criminal justice, public safety, criminal investigation, private security, or political science. Students complete coursework in each of the six areas identified by the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences, a key professional and certifying organization in the field of criminal justice studies. Students will have ready access to academic advisement, support services, Delhi's online library resources, and financial aid assistance. The Bureau of Labor Statistics and the federal Department of Justice have estimated employment opportunities to be "excellent" in criminal justice and law enforcement. While an associate degree is often sufficient for entry level employment in criminal justice, a baccalaureate degree provides the flexibility for entry into the field as well as advancement to managerial positions. The Bureau of Labor Statistics lists a baccalaureate degree, related work experience, or a combination of both as a requirement for employment in agencies at the federal level related to this field.
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now