Earn your masters of arts in teaching degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The transitional B certification pathway is a part-time option designed for working adults who would like to become certified teachers of record while simultaneously completing their MAT degree. The blended course delivery (in-person and online) requires that students are computer literate in order to engage in this technology-rich program.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Empire State College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live lectures
- You will learn in real-time while the professor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you watch online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now