Earn your master of arts degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Master of Arts in Social and Public Policy is designed for practitioners, managers and administrators in public and private, for-profit and nonprofit sectors who want to learn more about how to make either governmental or organizational policies more effective. In this program, you build skills in policymaking, implementation and analysis and develop a greater understanding of the connections among federal, state, local and organizational policies and policy processes.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Empire State College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now