Earn your master of education degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Teaching and Learning: Principles and Pedagogy prepares professionals with educational responsibilities to advance as leaders and innovators. Those who complete the degree will develop a strong foundation for career-long growth as reflective practitioners with concern for equity and social justice. They will demonstrate growth as caring professionals who skillfully apply current theories and research to their pedagogical practice and will develop their capacities to lead in creating effective learning communities among diverse learners. The M.Ed. satisfies the requirement that P-12 teachers complete a master's degree in a related area in order to obtain professional certification. Students will be able to independently pursue professional certification after completion of the M.Ed. For additional information about New York state professional certification requirements, please review this FAQ document.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now