Earn your advanced certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Want to understand why labor and employment relations in the public sector are unique? Working in the public sector involves labor and employment issues that are considerably different than the issues found in the private sector. Empire State College’s advanced graduate certificate in public-sector labor and employment policy will familiarize you with topics such as the role of government as an employer, technological change, the historical development of the public sector and current issues and trends in public-sector labor and employment policy. The focus is on learning to understand how and why policy is formulated. It is a program that will be of value to people working at all levels of the public sector, from local, state and federal levels to people with a desire to learn more about how the public sector operates.
- What's a advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now