Earn your associate of science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Understanding the effects of alcohol and drug use is important in order to help others. In addition, the issues in this field are constantly changing due to: New, useful insights into causes, Innovative treatments, Services to diverse populations with special needs, and Impact of societal changes. The Alcohol and Substance Abuse Studies Program was developed as a foundation for students who intend to transfer into social work, human services or alcohol/substance abuse majors at four-year schools.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Genesee Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now