Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Human Services program is designed to prepare students for a career in a variety of human service agencies. Students may, for example, find employment as case managers, social work assistants, family advocates, residential counselors or classroom assistants. Students may work with a variety of populations, such as the physically or developmentally disabled, elderly, youth at risk or individuals in crisis.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Genesee Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now