Earn your associate of applied science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Criminal Justice A.A.S. program is designed to prepare students for careers in criminal justice agencies as paraprofessionals in law enforcement, criminal investigation, probation, parole and similar fields. A three-credit internship experience is designed to integrate the theoretical knowledge learned in the classroom with the practical knowledge of working in the field. Graduates are prepared to: - Effectively engage in proactive approaches to deter crime and to investigate and apprehend those who break the law - Participate in the field of corrections in the areas of detention, supervision, administration and rehabilitation of incarcerated persons or those who obtain alternatives to incarceration- Contribute to the criminal justice system as professionals in Federal and State courts - Successfully perform operations necessary to ensure security in both the private and public sector - Demonstrate an understanding of police ethics and how to resolve issues of an ethical nature - Demonstrate an understanding of our correctional system, the concepts of probation and parole, the nature of punishment and trends in corrections
- What's an associate of applied science degree?
- An associate of applied science degree generally has more of a vocational focus and prepares students for work in a specific job or industry. It typically contains less general education classes than other degrees.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now