Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This one-year online Dental Assisting certificate program prepares those who are new to the profession to perform a variety of tasks in dental offices, including sterilization of instruments, setting up dental materials and performing office duties. This academic program is primarily designed for those who wish to enter the workforce immediately following graduation and satisfies all requirements set by New York State to become a Licensed Registered Dental Assistant (RDA). According to NYS Office of the Professions, a dental assistant must be licensed in order to perform supportive services under the direct supervision of a licensed dentist. Upon receiving Hudson Valley Community College Dental Assistant Certificate of Completion, the graduate may apply for the New York State Professional Dental Assisting (NYPDA) Examination, Radiation Health & Safety (RHS) Exam and Infection Control Exam (ICE). These exams are administered by the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) to become a New York State Registered Dental Assistant (RDA). Graduates may apply for licensure after completing all of the above requirements; there is an additional fee for the examination and licensure process.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now