Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Disability Studies Certificate will provide a multidisciplinary approach to the acquisition of knowledge and skills in this diverse field. The certificate is appropriate for individuals working or interested in human services, education, teaching, counseling, health and business. There is an expanding entry level job market and a clear need for enhanced competency among professionals in many disciplines. Required courses lay the groundwork for a solid knowledge base, while the field experience enables students to develop necessary skills. The electives provide flexibility in addressing specific areas of interest including mental health, developmental disabilities, alcohol and substance abuse, educational settings or deaf culture. The certificate can be pursued full- or part-time. With appropriate selection of courses, the entire 28 credits is applicable to Human Services associate degree.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now