Earn your associate of applied science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Early Childhood program provides students the opportunity to explore the foundations of education and child development in a culturally sensitive, inclusive, and interactive environment. Students acquire knowledge about curriculum content, models of instruction, educational theory, and best practices which enable them to enter the workforce in an early childhood program or continue their education in a four-year baccalaureate program in teacher education. The program emphasizes direct work with children: students spend one day each week during their first year, and two days per week during their second year, in early childhood and primary settings within the local community. This field experience takes place under the supervision of a college faculty member.
- What's an associate of applied science degree?
- An associate of applied science degree generally has more of a vocational focus and prepares students for work in a specific job or industry. It typically contains less general education classes than other degrees.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Hudson Valley Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now