Earn your associate of applied science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Health Information Management and Technology degree provides you with entry-level skills to become a medical office assistant, health information technician, medical coding specialist and/or a health insurance billing specialist. Health information technicians specialize in analyzing, securing, and maintaining patient health information, and may be responsible for quality assurance, computer information services and coding diagnoses and procedures for reimbursement. This academic program is primarily designed for those who wish to enter the workforce immediately following graduation.
- What's an associate of applied science degree?
- An associate of applied science degree generally has more of a vocational focus and prepares students for work in a specific job or industry. It typically contains less general education classes than other degrees.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now