Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
To address the growing number of students seeking careers in the health care field, the college now offers a one–year Health Sciences certificate program that provides course work in the basic sciences along with a concentration in health science areas. With proper course selection, students who successfully complete the certificate can continue into one of the college’s health science programs, transfer to a four-year institution or enter the workforce in many entry-level areas within the health science field, such as home health care aide, health care administrative assistant, emergency medical technician, phlebotomist or EKG technician. This program is designed to accommodate students who wish to find employment in entry-level health science careers directly after completing the certificate. Because of its flexibility, it also can serve those looking to prepare for transfer into one of college’s health science degree programs.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Hudson Valley Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now