Earn your associate of applied science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Mortuary Science degree program provides you with a foundational education for a career as modern funeral service practitioners. The program balances the many aspects of funeral service and educates you to serve a professional role as caretaker of the dead and caregiver for the living in bereavement support. Successful completion of the program entitles the student to sit for the national board examination or state board examination, which they must pass to receive the A.A.S. degree.This academic program is primarily designed for those who wish to enter the workforce immediately following graduation.
- What's an associate of applied science degree?
- An associate of applied science degree generally has more of a vocational focus and prepares students for work in a specific job or industry. It typically contains less general education classes than other degrees.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Hudson Valley Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now