Earn your associate of applied science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
MVCC's Health Information Technology (HIT) program prepares students with skills and knowledge to obtain entry-level positions as health information technicians in a variety of healthcare settings. Students will be provided with appropriate background in health information management and general education courses, including anatomy and physiology, computer concepts and applications, medical terminology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and math statistics, all of which are necessary to begin a health information management career.
- What's an associate of applied science degree?
- An associate of applied science degree generally has more of a vocational focus and prepares students for work in a specific job or industry. It typically contains less general education classes than other degrees.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now