Earn your associate of science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Cinema and Screen Studies Program offers a strong Liberal Arts perspective on motion picture and television history, culture, theory, and production. Students are introduced to cinema as a medium of mass communication which combines two art forms, photography and theater, to communicate powerful stories with vivid pictures and strong emotion. Students investigate cinema and television through critical studies and create images of their own through scriptwriting and introductory production opportunities. Finally, students gain an appreciation for cinema and television from a commercial standpoint since these media exist not only in the marketplace of ideas but also as end products of an industrial enterprise. Upon completion of this degree, students are able to continue their studies at baccalaureate film or mass media degree programs where they apply what they have learned at MCC to more advanced studies in this or related fields.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Monroe Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live lectures
- You will learn in real-time while the professor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you watch online.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now