Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This program will provide didactic education and clinical training in chairside dental assisting procedures, manipulation of dental materials, laboratory procedures, radiographic techniques, specialty assisting procedures, infection control procedures and expanded functions permitted by state regulations for an individual that is currently employed as a Dental Assistant in New York state. The program will offer units in the biomedical sciences content areas, oral histology and embryology, pathology, therapeutics, the legal and ethical aspects of dentistry and coursework in and oral and written communications and behavioral concepts. This program will include at least 500 hours of relevant clinical experience in the practice of dental assisting. The D.A.R.T. certificate program is not financial aid eligible.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now