Earn your associate of arts degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This program is designed to support and encourage progress toward a baccalaureate degree and NYS teacher certification for students interested in pursuing teaching as a career. The Liberal Arts and Sciences: Adolescence Education (Teacher Education Transfer) degree is specifically for students interested in teaching grade levels 7 through 12. Preparing to become a teacher is an exciting and challenging endeavor. This course of study provides students with the opportunity to experience the basic fundamentals of teaching in the classroom, while studying various integral aspects of the profession. The course of study also provides students with a balance of coursework between completing Education classes, General Education requirements, and pursuing courses within the students' selected academic major.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live lectures
- You will learn in real-time while the professor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you watch online.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now