Earn your associate of applied science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This degree program is designed to provide students with a broad background in business terminology and high levels of proficiency in computer skills that will enable them to perform successfully in diverse office support positions. This degree is designed to provide a core background in developing skills for technology, decision making, human relations, communications, and office management. If an Intent to Graduate form is submitted five years after a student's completion of OFT 201, OFT 170, OFT 171, or OFT 173, the department reserves the right to withhold credit until the student has demonstrated competency in these courses.
- What's an associate of applied science degree?
- An associate of applied science degree generally has more of a vocational focus and prepares students for work in a specific job or industry. It typically contains less general education classes than other degrees.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Monroe Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live lectures
- You will learn in real-time while the professor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you watch online.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now