Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This program will prepare students with the required coursework for a successful career as a Teaching Assistant/Paraprofessional. The Teaching Assistant certificate provides an opportunity for teaching assistants and individuals interested in k12 education to begin their higher education in a gradual and supportive manner. The program fulfills the college credit hour requirements for New York State level II, III and pre-professional Teaching Assistant Certificate. The certificate will also transfer into an Associate of Arts Teacher Education Degree leading to a baccalaureate degree and NYS Teacher Certification for students interested in pursuing teaching as a career.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Monroe Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live lectures
- You will learn in real-time while the professor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you watch online.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now