Earn your associate of science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Criminal Justice (A.S.) - Students choosing this program will be prepared for further study in the areas of criminal justice, law, public administration, sociology, or government. The program is best suited for those students planning to transfer to a four-year school, but is often used for entry-level positions in the criminal justice system. All criminal justice majors are required to take at least one class in each of the following areas: Policing, Probation/Parole, Security Administration, in addition to CRJ 105 Foundations of the Justice System, CRJ 212 Research in Crime and Security and CRJ 225 Criminal Law.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Nassau Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now