Earn your associate of science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Core topics of substance abuse, nutrition, community health, sexuality and foundations of health education make up the core of the curriculum. Additional emphasis in anatomy and physiology, psychology, sociology, history and speech complete the liberal arts experience. Professional development activities and career exploration is emphasized early and throughout the Health Studies degree. In addition to earning an Associate in Science degree in Health Studies, students are positioned to transfer to teacher education (K-12) at Brockport and Ithaca College. Those individuals wishing to transfer to earn a bachelor's degree with a concentration in public or community health can do so at Daemen College, Buffalo State College and Brockport. For individuals who are currently certified in Physical Education and wish to have dual certification in health the program offers 18 credits in Health Studies and an additional 21 credits in liberal arts (by advisement). In addition, many courses are available through online learning.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Niagara County Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live lectures
- You will learn in real-time while the professor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you watch online.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now