Earn your associate of applied science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Every time a patient receives treatment, a record is created. Each one is essential for quality patient care and the financial health of hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and doctor's offices. Today, Health Information Technology (HIT) is one of the fastest growing careers in the country. This accredited program gives you the education and credentials sought after by employers.
- What's an associate of applied science degree?
- An associate of applied science degree generally has more of a vocational focus and prepares students for work in a specific job or industry. It typically contains less general education classes than other degrees.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Onondaga Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- Powered by Open SUNY+
- In addition to the features listed above, this Open SUNY+ degree includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now