Earn your associate of applied science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The A.A.S. in Criminal Justice at SCCC Our Criminal Justice program opens your horizon for a career or further study in law enforcement. SCCC’s Criminal Justice programs offers a strong selection of core courses including criminal law, criminology, introduction to security, criminal evidence/procedure, police organization & supervision, and juvenile delinquency. Specialty courses include Airport Security and Management, Terrorism and Public Security, and Issues in Criminal Justice. These courses are structured so that each student obtains knowledge and understanding of the field of criminal justice.
- What's an associate of applied science degree?
- An associate of applied science degree generally has more of a vocational focus and prepares students for work in a specific job or industry. It typically contains less general education classes than other degrees.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Schenectady County Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now