Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This program provides academic training for students seeking employment or students currently employed in the field of law enforcement or private sector security seeking an academic credential. The program is flexible enough for the student to select as either a terminal or a transitional program into the existing Criminal Justice Associate of Applied Science degree program. The Criminal Justice Certificate program reflects a partnership with the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services and responds to the City of Schenectady Police Department’s requirement that its applicants earn 30 college credits to qualify for the written police examination.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Schenectady County Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now