Earn your associate of applied science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Human Services A.A.S. degree program prepares students for employment in the public or private sector. This program is based on best practices of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW). Students learn the core skills and values of the social work profession and the social welfare system in the United States, including philosophical and ethical dimensions. The program prepares students to: * demonstrate human services professional skills and abilities; * demonstrate a commitment to ethical practice; and * recognize diversity and the role of cultural competence in under standing human behavior and society.
- What's an associate of applied science degree?
- An associate of applied science degree generally has more of a vocational focus and prepares students for work in a specific job or industry. It typically contains less general education classes than other degrees.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Schenectady County Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now