Earn your master of science in education degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Department of Public Health and Health Education offers the MSEd in Community Health Education for those students wishing to work in the field of Public Health as health educators. Graduates of this program will be prepared to work in a variety of settings and with a variety of populations planning, implementing, and evaluating programs, creating and disseminating health communication materials, and organizing and leading collaborative efforts within and across organizations for the improvement of health.
The program requires students to complete 42 credit hours which includes a 3 credit internship in the field. The program prepares students to sit for the National Health Education Specialist exam to earn the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) or Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES) designation.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now