Earn your master of education degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Master of Science in Education/Physical Education Pedagogy is dedicated to providing physical education teachers with an understanding of the research base as well as pedagogical content knowledge. Students acquire the tools necessary to read, understand, critique and conduct research in physical education. The program has been designed to spark an intellectual curiosity related to the knowledge base of physical education, the promotion of physical activity and the design and use of culturally relevant curricula. Graduates will have a strong understanding of issues around diversity as they relate to effective teaching and curricular development in physical education. Students will become agents of change through the development of leadership, advocacy and mentorship skills. Graduates of this program will be reflective individuals who are passionate, enthusiastic and committed to the profession of physical education. This course of study prepares students for careers in teaching. The successful completion of a Master’s Degree in Education through the Physical Education Pedagogy track will satisfy the Master’s Degree Requirement for those holding initial certification in Physical Education.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now