Earn your master of science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The 36 credit hour MS Nursing Education program is designed to prepare graduates for a professional career as a nurse educator in academia or staff development. Graduates advance their careers as faculty and administrative leaders in a wide variety of settings including associate degree and baccalaureate degree nursing programs and institution based staff development. Upon completion of the MS program, the pursuit of a doctoral degree is strongly encouraged. The SUNY Poly program promotes the application didactic course content to the role of the nurse educator within academia and other educational venues. Course content includes theory, research, health policy, legal and regulatory issues, grant proposal writing and specialty electives. Practical expertise is acquired through a culminating internship which provides over 150 hours of directed educational experiences as a nurse educator, with an emphasis on teaching.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Graduate early
- If you're interested in graduating early, this program allows students to earn their degree ahead of schedule.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now