Earn your associate of science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Computer Science A.S. degree program is based on the curriculum recommended by the Association of Computing Machinery (ACM). The ACM is the oldest organization for computing professionals, providing resources and guidelines for professionals and educators in the field. The degree program provides students with the theoretical foundations of study in computer science, including algorithms, data structures, and efficiency. It also prepares students for potential employment in the field, covering computer architecture, programming, web design, and database design and implementation. The Computer Science A.S. is designed as a transfer program. It therefore contains a strong foundation of mathematics and science courses. The program can often lead to graduate study beyond the bachelor’s degree.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Tompkins Cortland Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now