Earn your associate of applied science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
As both small and large firms across all industries expand and develop their computer systems, there is a growing need for computer support specialists. Graduates of this program can install, test, upgrade, and maintain computer hardware and software as well as troubleshoot hardware and software problems. They will be ready for employment in computer support, training, or help desk positions. Students will develop the skills and knowledge needed to install, maintain and repair computers. They will also develop critical thinking and communication skills that will be essential for providing high quality support services to computer users. In addition to computer applications and computer information systems courses that cover key areas of computer information systems and technology, there are three required courses dedicated to computer support. CSS 112-Hardware Repair and Maintenance and CSS 212-Help Desk and User Support both include hands-on learning experiences. The fourth semester internship (CSS 240) provides opportunities to apply technical concepts and use interpersonal skills.
- What's an associate of applied science degree?
- An associate of applied science degree generally has more of a vocational focus and prepares students for work in a specific job or industry. It typically contains less general education classes than other degrees.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now