Earn your advanced certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This program prepares certified grade 7-12 content area teachers to become knowledgeable regarding best practices in special education so they can serve those learners with the greatest needs. Students will become familiar with research-validated components of effective assessment, instruction, and behavior management. The program meets the academic requirements for initial and professional certification for Students with Disabilities Generalist (grades 7-12).
- What's a advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now