Earn your master of science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The MS in Reading degree is intended for people who work in literacy settings, yet not in the traditional B-12 school settings requiring teacher certification. For example, literacy volunteers, international students, parents, private school providers, after school program coordinators, counselors in prison settings, and so forth may apply for this graduate degree. It is also open to teachers with expired certification who are interested in working in the non-school setting. The intent of the program is to help graduate students learn about teaching literacy, especially how to engage children and young adults in literacy learning. While all students will take certain required courses, there is flexibility built into the program structure to encourage individual interests. This program does NOT lead to teacher certification.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now