Earn your advanced certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This program is for those who have completed the MS in Information and Library Science degree and want to upgrade their competencies or wish to change career directions. A program of study can be tailored to your individual needs and career goals with the help of a faculty advisor. Examples of possible options: A specialization in information technology A specialization in advanced management A public librarian completing requirements for certification as a school library media specialist A school media specialist retraining as a special librarian A generalist approach-update knowledge and competencies in more than one specific area
- What's a advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now