Earn your advanced certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This Advanced Graduate Certificate is designed for individuals who hold a master's degree in counseling and aspire to earn a license to counsel people with mental health diagnoses. Completion of this program results in student eligibility to take the New York State licensing exam in Mental Health Counseling. Coursework includes Legal and Ethical Issues in Counseling, Human Growth and Development, Introduction to Mental Health Counseling, Psychopathology and Evidence-Based Interventions, and Assessment in Mental Health Counseling. This coursework is followed by clinical instruction and a supervised internship. In this program you will study with both scholars and practitioners alike.
- What's a advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live lectures
- You will learn in real-time while the professor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you watch online.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- Powered by Open SUNY+
- In addition to the features listed above, this Open SUNY+ degree includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now