Earn your master of education degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
If you possess a substantial music content background, wish to be a leader in music education, aim to teach music nationally or internationally, and are not seeking New York State teaching certification, our music education studies program will provide you with the tools necessary to achieve your professional goals. The program requires 33 credits, 24 of which are required graduate coursework and 9 elective credits that will further strengthen your music education foundation. The coursework is grounded in Music Learning Theory. Our graduates design curriculum and assessment to meet contemporary education demands; integrate digital technologies to enhance music learning; and value music at the core of the curriculum for every student. Classes are small and students get individualized attention.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now