Earn your bachelor of science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The RN-BS (Registered Nurse Bachelor of Science) program, offered in a 1-year or 2-year sequence, is designed for nurses who have already successfully completed a community college (associate's degree) or hospital-based (diploma) nursing program and passed the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) for registered nurses (RN). The program is a student-centered and user-friendly distance learning/asynchronous format that allows practicing nurses to attend school while maintaining employment. The program is offered in a 1 or 2-year cohort format to ensure cost-effectiveness as well as facilitate achievement of learning outcomes. The program builds on the licensed RN's previous education and experience without redundancy while mirroring the current traditional BS nursing program curriculum.
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- Powered by Open SUNY+
- In addition to the features listed above, this Open SUNY+ degree includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now