Earn your bachelor of technology degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Students who want to become funeral directors, managers, or leaders in the field of Funeral Directing.Working professionals who want to embark on continual development and stay abreast of current standards within the profession. Traditional Student Cohort
Students in this program will receive a Bachelor of Technology degree upon successfully completing 16 required FSAD courses in addition to the liberal arts requirements.
Students will have an opportunity to obtain real-life experience in a funeral home setting for academic credit. Students will have an opportunity to learn proper embalming techniques in an embalming laboratory on campus. Each course within the program is designed to build on previous educational experience so that after the four years of studies the student will have the critical thinking skills necessary to meet the demands of professionalism in the practice of funeral directing. Mock funerals, internships, and other hands-on experiences are involved in preparing Funeral Service professionals for their careers. The FSAD B. Tech Completion program provide: An opportunity for Life Experience Credits for matriculated students; Challenge Exams for Professional Knowledge;100% of classes are online for B. Tech completion students; Flexible semester course loads
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at College of Technology at Canton for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live lectures
- You will learn in real-time while the professor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you watch online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Graduate early
- If you're interested in graduating early, this program allows students to earn their degree ahead of schedule.
- Powered by Open SUNY+
- In addition to the features listed above, this Open SUNY+ degree includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now