Earn your bachelor of science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Bachelor of Science degree in Security Studies is a 124-credit program listed with SUNY and approved as a registered degree program through the New York State Education Department. It is designed to serve students currently working in public service, emergency services, law enforcement, and homeland security positions as well as those interested in these career paths. The contemporary security environment is multifaceted and complex. This program addresses that complexity head on by providing coursework in homeland security, research methods and analysis, information security, and a rigorous examination of the social, economic and cultural contexts of security in the United States and internationally. With this learning, students will become more effective in their roles within security and related fields.
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Powered by Open SUNY+
- In addition to the features listed above, this Open SUNY+ degree includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records