Earn your undergraduate certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Corrections Officer Certificate Program, as part of the Criminal Justice Program, is designed to meet the needs of individuals interested in pursuing a career in corrections. It emphasizes correctional theory, law and procedures, as well as applied social and behavioral sciences. Graduates may qualify for employment at federal, state and county correctional facilities as correctional officers or supervisors, provided they meet standard physical and moral standards. These positions may also require graduates to pass a civil service exam for employment.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Erie Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now