Earn your undergraduate certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Human Services Certificate is a 21-credit program designed to provide education and training to individuals who are looking for a career helping others. And for those professionals already employed in the human services field, the certificate can assist in their career advancement goals. The seven 3-credit classes in the certificate can be completed at the convenience of the student; however, they can be finished in as few as two semesters. Students can take classes either online or on the Norwich campus. The certificate includes introductory human services and psychology classes as well as more advanced classes in crisis intervention, counseling and case management, human services administration and abnormal psychology. All of the classes are transferable to the Human Services AAS degree, and completion of the certificate leads to advanced standing status that allows students to complete the AAS degree in one calendar year.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live lectures
- You will learn in real-time while the professor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you watch online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now