Earn your associate of science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Human Services A.S. degree program prepares students for academic success in baccalaureate transfer programs in social work, human services, and related professional fields. This program is based on best practices of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW). The Human Services program emphasizes the acquisition of knowledge from social science disciplines, development of cores social work theory and skills, ethical conduct, and preparation for future professional careers. The program enables graduates to:
* integrate knowledge from liberal arts disciplines with practical skills;
* demonstrate oral and written communication skills;
* develop a commitment to ethical practice; and
* recognize diversity.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Schenectady County Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".