Earn your bachelor of arts degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The SUNY Oswego Online Public Relations Program will prepare students for professional careers in the PR industry.
The SUNY Oswego online PR program provides students with education in public relations principles, persuasive writing, research, ethics, and campaign development, execution and evaluation. The program also provides elective courses to prepare students with a solid understanding of social media, graphic design, crisis management, and public affairs.
Completing the program, students will counsel clients and manage relationships between clients and various audiences by analyzing and interpreting public opinion and planning and implementing public relations programs using strong writing, analytical thinking, graphic and design skills in traditional and social media communication environments.
Students entering this degree completion program should have an associates’ degree or significant earned credit in public relations, journalism, communications or closely aligned fields.
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now